Monday, June 25, 2012

You can never have too many friends

(There's still a little over a week left for you to join in my birthday candy.  
Just click on the pic in the sidebar for all the details)


     I sure hope all these bright colors make you smile today.  Our challenge this go around at the Catered Crop is "rainbows or the colors of a rainbow" and our sponsor is Sassy Cheryl's.  She's offering a $15.00 gift certificate to the winner of our challenge.  Trust me, you won't have a hard time spending it.  :-)  I just love her cute little characters.  This is Callie with her ladybug friends.
     For may card I used a base of my favorite Kraft Outlet Light kraft cardstock and dug through my scrap box to find all the rainbow colors.  I layered them all behind Callie and tied them off with some twill tape.  A bit of doodling, some buttons, and a sentiment finish the card off.  Callie's Ladybugs are covered in Glossy Accents and she got some sparkle added to her skirt and white gel pen dots to her shirt.
     You have until July 7th at 8:00 p.m. EST to get your rainbow projects linked up.  Make sure you check in to the Catered Crop this Sunday to see this card and what the other chefs have cooked up to inspire you.
     I'd like to enter my card into the following challenges:

Corrosive--summertime girls
Joanna Sheen--summer daze
Totally Gorjuss--somehting yellow
Polka Doodles--trooping the coulour
Crafty Sentiments--bright colours
Die Cuttin' Divas--summer colors

     Happy Monday!

Supplies

  • Paper:  Kraft Outlet Light Kraft, Bazzill, Copic XPress-it Blending card
  • Stamp:  Sassy Cheryl's "Callie and her ladybug friends", sentiment from Create with TLC
  • Ink:  Copics, Marvy Uchida white gel pen, Micron pen
  • Tools:  Memory Box Scallop die
  • Miscellaneous:  buttons from my stash, Kraft outlet Hang Tag String and Twill Tape, Glossy Accents, Diamond Stickles

41 comments:

Jennifer Scull said...

oh she is cute cute cute! I really hope to play along in this fun challenge....

I can't tell you how thrilled Claire and I both are that you have agreed to be a guest designer over at Jellypark this fall! what fun we are going to have!

have a most wonderful week! :)

Dorcas said...

THis came out real cute Tracy! I love the rainbow!!

Maria Therese said...

Beauuuuuuutiful card!!

Tracey T said...

How fab is this? VERY! Love the kraft combined with the bright layers and you're right, these images are so cute! Hugs, Tracey x

Allisa said...

Such a cute saying. Love the rainbow of colors.

Jinny Newlin said...

Oooo! LOVE that layered, rainbow effect, girl! Absolutely gorgeous!

Sue said...

I LOVE this card Tracy. The image is so sweet and the way you have layered the rainbow colours is just fabulous

Hugs Sue

KimCreate said...

Tracy, that's a great way to add a rainbow to your card! I love it!
Adorable image too!
Kim

Marianne's Craftroom said...

This is gorgeous. I love the image and beautiful colours. Thanks for playing at TG.

Danni said...

So super cute!! I just love your cards, you're so talented!!

Mau xx said...

Just love this Tracy, what fab colours, and love the cutie image.
Hugs Mau xx

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

Tracy this is gorgeous! I love how you layered up those rainbow papers. It is so effective on the kraft card too :) Beautiful image and love the sparkle!

Sharron aka Sharrahug said...

Such a cutie, Tracy! Darling card with such a sweet sweet sentiment. Love the scallop rainbow colors. Well done, sweetie pie! I always enjoy seeing your Kraft cards. They're always so full of inspiration.
Have a FABulous week!!!
Happy Huggies ~
Sharron♥

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous.Love the image.Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Sentiments.xxx

Jennifer said...

Such a precious little girl with her little friends! I love your layered rainbow! Fun sentiment to!

Renee B. said...

Oh, how cute is this!!! Such an adorable image!
Hugs,
Renee

Pat said...

Hey there Tracy!! I love this card! Soooo stinkin' adorable! Your coloring is gorgeous, as always...and I love the colorful layers! Hugs. Pat Frank

Pat said...

Hey there Tracy!! I love this card! Soooo stinkin' adorable! Your coloring is gorgeous, as always...and I love the colorful layers! Hugs. Pat Frank

Natali said...

Amazing happy and sunshine card!!
Hugs
Natali

Ina G said...

Lovely cheerful bright and happy card.

Marlies said...

A lovely bright summer card Tracy! A great idea on how you did the rainbow colours! hugs, Marlies

debby4000 said...

Love your gorgeous sweet card.
luv
Debby

Sharon said...

Oh wow beautiful brightly coloured card. Thanks for joining us at Polka Doodles.x

Dana said...

ADORABLE!! Look at that shine in her hair and the scalloped rainbow is so cute!

Lisa Minckler said...

How did you do those clouds? I love the multicolors around them and the image is senstational. As always, the most divine layout and elements and a bit of your personal doodling adds a wonderful touch. I'm loving the rainbow challenge. :)
Hugs,
Twang

Unknown said...

What a brilliant idea to use scallops as a rainbow Tracy! And the perfect colours they are as is the fabulously coloured image, she's such an adorable girl!! Hugs, Ira
irascreacorner.blogspot.com

Heidi said...

Your card is stunning!
The image is so cute:)
Beautiful colours and design.
Hugs, Heidi:)

Audrey Pettit said...

Awww, how absolutely adorable! And such a brilliant take on a rainbow challenge! Love your layered scallops and love that sweet image. The glossy accents and white gel dots are such wonderful details. Really love the doodled border, too.

Sassy Raggedy said...

Tracy, you can't go wrong with Sassy Cheryl. I love your card. So cute. I have to get in the fun for this one. I could go crazy at Sassy Cheryl's with that prize...lol joann sassy raggedy

Unknown said...

Tracy she is gorgeous and her hair is stunning what fabulous shading I'm trying to get a result like this, wow how fabulous . Great work hugs Elaine

Ivonne said...

Beautiful card Tracy. She is so sweet and I love the bright colors. Hugs, Ivonne

Linda McClain said...

Holy Freakin' Cow! I love it. I love what you did with the rainbow affect and that image. Tracy - You Rock!

Unknown said...

Yep, I am definitely smiling. LOVE everything about this. Such a wonderful color you used.

Hugs~

Geri said...

She's adorable with all those little bugs crawling all over her! I LOVE the rainbow of scallops!! Beautiful card!!

Nancy said...

Oh, she's just TOO CUTE, Tracy! You can tell by her style of footwear that she is a SERIOUS bug collector! lol That girl means business, for sure! I love your happy rainbow! I used to collect rainbows! Well, the real ones are a little bit tricky to collect...so I collected items with rainbows on them instead! ;o)

Jude said...

Oh, this is so cute Tracy and the colours are gorgeous. Fab design.

Hugs
Judex

Stacy Morgan said...

Love love this rainbow effect on the background, she is so so CUTE!!! made me smile.

Kathleen said...

Fab card, gorgeous bright colours. Thanks for joining us at Joanna Sheen Challenge
Hugs
Kat xx

Claire Phillips said...

Thanks so much for playing along at Polkadoodles this week! What a fun card - fabulous. Cheers Claire x

Silke Ledlow said...

SUPER DUPER SWEET CARD TRACY :) !!! Hugs ~S~

norine said...

This is just a wonderful, wonderful card!! Love the image and all the color!! Thanks for joining us at Polka Doodles!!